DVD: A Village Christmas from Dorset Past
Purbeck Village Quire
This DVD, produced to mark the 20th anniversary of the Quire's formation, focuses on the Christmas music and traditions written and performed in the villages of the Isle of Purbeck, in South Dorset. It includes some informal 'chats' with Tim Laycock, a well known professional Dorset Folk Singer and Musican, Rollo Woods, the Quire's founder, and one of the Founders of the West Gallery Music Association and some of the Quire members.
The DVD features the following music and reading:
1. "Awake and join the cheerful choir"
2. "Angels from the Realms of Glory"
3. "On Judah’s Plains"
4. "Jesus the Saviour’s born this day"
5. "Behold the joyful day appears"
6. Wassail Song
7. "Hark the Herald Angels sing"
8. Extract from poem ‘Herrenston’ by William Barnes
9. "Blest are the Sons of Peace"
10."While Shepherds watched their flocks by night"
11.Band playout: ‘Oyster girl'
The DVD can be obtained by sending a cheque for £12:00, made out to 'Purbeck Village Quire', to:
John Pullen, at "Sunnybank", 4 Anglebury Avenue, SWANAGE, Dorset BH19 1QP. tel.01929 423505 or email for more details:
All proceeds go the Purbeck Village Quire's Charity Fund.
See details of their CD Christmas in Purbeck or CD Round the Year with the Village Choir